Welwitschia Welfare Centre is able to arrange volunteer placement for all members of the community irrespective of their race, religion, nationality,sexual orientation or HIV status. It can also offer volunteer placements for individuals from other backgrounds. It has volunteers from Slovakia, Colombia, Ecuador and Angola. Most of our volunteers are women and young people.
Volunteers are welcome from all communities.
All you can do is;
- Register your interest with WWC in the role you are interested in.
- View volunteering Vacancies and Apply.
Volunteers are not only at the heart of our work but also the stepping stone. Without them, we would not be able to provide support and services to ever growing demand of its services. In the past through volunteering at our centre, many people have gained emploment elsewhere and volunteering also helped them access Higher Education as a mature student.
You can volunteers on the following areas; Accountancy, IT, Administration work, interpreting and translation services, monitoring and evaluation, data input, events management and as a befriender.
For More information please contact; 02088081255 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are couple of examples on how you can volunteer;
- Imagine an elderly person who is ill and needs your help and assistance. He or She lives alone with no family or friends. he/She has language barrier to community with third parties. He/She is often isolated and needs someone to talk to, to read and translate letters for him/her, help with shopping time to time. Would you let this person down? wouldn’t you like to help?
- Imagine someone who has just come our of hospital. he /she either lives alone ( with no family or friends).
He needs someone to help with cooking, washing, sorting out her/his bills and letters, help with translation and interpreting at GP Surgery.
Would you let this person down?
- Imagine someone who is disabled and has a limited mobillity. he /She can hardly walk long distance. Cannot access all the services they want. Apart from that they have communication problems.
Would you help or not?
As a volunteer you can also help in our women’s group. You can befriend women’s within the community who are suffering from domestic violence.