WWCUK first began work in 1998. Since that time the demands on our services have dramatically increased, as have our objectives. Yet the values we hold remain the same.
- Provide free, impartial advice and information to Portuguese and Spanish speaking members of the UK’s African and BME communities.
- Provide an exceptional high quality service
- Ensure advice is always independent of the policies of funders
- Actively continue to develop our outreach work services to meet the needs the most vulnerable members of our community.
- Increase service user involvement to help our clients shape us and our work
- Develop volunteer services
- Actively secure funding to expand the operating capacity of the organisation to meet the needs of our client base
Our services are based upon these fundamental values:
- We involve service users in planning our activities
- Everyone is equal
- We are empathetic and non-judgmental
- Our work remains confidential
- We ensure an open complaints process
We pride ourselves on our:
- Established reputation for providing free, impartial, independent, and high quality advice
- Excellent links with local authorities, refugee community organisations and the London boroughs we operate within
- Dedicated and experienced volunteers
- Multilingual volunteer team
- Affiliations to Advice UK, CPGA, JCWI Evelyn Oldfield Unit, ILPA and NCVO
Growth In The Future
The demand for our services often pushes our capacity to the limit. We are a small team with limited office space. However, we are working hard to secure enough funding to expand our programmes and find a new location where we can make sure the services we provide are the best they can be.
To help us achieve this please make a donation.